Tampa Bay Coronavirus Cases
Hillsborough: 463 (70 hospitalizations)
Pinellas: 318 (59 hospitalizations)
Pasco: 77 (16)
*as of the weekend
The Latest Florida Executive Orders
Governor DeSantis issued the following Executive Orders in the past two days:
- Executive Order 20-92, amending EO 20-91 to supersede any conflicting official action or
order issued by local officials in response to COVID-19.
- Executive Order 20-93, directing the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and other
executive agencies to take necessary actions to improve DEO’s Reemployment Assistance
- Executive Order 20-94, providing targeted, temporary relief from certain mortgage foreclosures
Tampa Bay Coronavirus Testing
Baycare Testing Sites open from 9am-12pm. Locations for week of April 6th:Pinellas County: BayCare Urgent Care, 900 Carillon Parkway, Suite 106, St. Petersburg.
Pasco County: BayCare Urgent Care, 4821 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
Polk County: Bartow Regional Medical Center, 2200 Osprey Blvd, Bartow.
Hillsborough County—Collection site at Raymond James Stadium is planned to remain
open through April 8th.
All of these sites require that screening criteria have been met & may require an appointment. Check the Baycare Coronavius Resource Center for more information on Tampa Bay coronavirus resources and a free screening tool.
Coronavirus Disability Resources
The Center for Independent Living in North Central FL has put together the following list of links on how to deal with COVID-19 for persons with disabilities.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
National Deaf CenterCOVID-19 Information
ASL (American Sign Language) Videos from the CDC
People with Disabilities
Plain Language Guide on COVID-19 for People with Disabilities
Ten COVID-19 Precautions to Take Now for Medically Complex Families
Five Things to Know about Coronavirus and People with Disabilities
Coronavirus Resources for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
World Institute on Disability: Recommendations for Immediate COVID-19 Action
More Worldwide and Tampa Bay Coronavirus Resources
Free Wellness Checklist: Be Sure Your Loved Ones are Safe and Healthy
Questions to Ask Your Loved One’s Care Facility When You Can’t Visit
Safely Getting Groceries and Supplies During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Coronavirus Tips for Caregivers
AHCA (Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration) Coronavirus Resources
Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Toolkit
Need help, resources, support?
EasyLiving is now offering free phone or video call consultations. Some of the questions we have been fielding include:
- I want to move Mom home. Is it safe to move her out of her care facility and what do I need to prepare?
- How will my parents get their medications or medical treatment?
- My loved one is in rehab and the Medicare Advantage Plan says she will be discharged this week. What will we do?
- I’m concerned about my parents living alone. They don’t know how to get what they need without going out. How can I help?