Senior Care Specialists Guide to Arthritis
Arthritis is a common condition that affects millions of people around the world. It is a term used to describe any joint inflammation or disease that affects the joints in our body. Arthritis can be very painful and can limit our daily activities. There are many different types of arthritis, each with their own unique set of symptoms and causes. Many people who have in home care suffer from arthritis so our senior home care specialists are experts. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at the different types of arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: This is the most common type of arthritis and usually occurs in people over the age of 50. Osteoarthritis is caused by wear and tear on the joints and is characterized by the breakdown of cartilage, which can cause pain and stiffness in the joints. It commonly affects the knees, hips, and hands.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes the body’s immune system to attack the joints, leading to inflammation and damage. It typically affects the hands, wrists, and feet, and can cause joint deformities if left untreated.
- Psoriatic arthritis: Psoriatic arthritis is a type of arthritis that occurs in people with psoriasis. It can cause joint pain, stiffness, and swelling, as well as skin and nail changes.
- Gout: Gout is a type of arthritis that occurs when there is a buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints. It usually affects the big toe but can also affect other joints in the body. Gout attacks can be very painful and can last for several days.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that affects the spine and sacroiliac joints. It can cause back pain and stiffness and can also affect other joints in the body.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis: This is a type of arthritis that occurs in children under the age of 16. It can cause joint pain, stiffness, and swelling and can also affect a child’s growth and development.
- Lupus arthritis: Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can cause joint pain and inflammation. It can also affect other body parts, including the skin, kidneys, and lungs.
Contact Easy Living
There are many different types of arthritis, each with their own unique set of symptoms and causes. If you are experiencing joint pain or stiffness, it’s important to speak to your healthcare provider to determine the cause and the best course of treatment. With the right in home care, many people with arthritis can manage their symptoms and continue to live a happy and active life. Contact us today to get help from out senior home care experts.